Some of you may not be familiar with Maya Angelou outside of the school curriculum and a few poems that were forced down your throat. Yet, she represents incredible strength, power and leadership in the world. Civil right activist, poet and author, she died on May 28, 2014, at age 86, leaving this world with her wisdom.
- “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude about it.”
- “We may encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated.”
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
- “Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst, and unsurprised by anything in between.”
- “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.”
- “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.”
- “If you get, give. If you learn, teach.”